This instructional will lay out the procedure for generating and creating UPC-A barcodes for Austin Williams
In this guide, I will go over the steps necessary to; generate a check digit, generate your barcodes in EPS format, and then converting those files to JPG for output.
1) Generating Your Check Digit
- First, you will need to generate your check digit for each of your barcodes. (Initially, you should have a list of 11 digit numbers).
- Copy your list of numbers and paste them into the window on THIS PAGE into the “Input (Numbers only)” area and click submit. (See screenshot below)
- Copy all values from the “Result” area which should now contain a list of 12 digit values.
- Now navigate to the BULK GENERATOR
2) Generating Your Barcodes As EPS Files
- Paste the values you copied from the check digit page into the available text box towards the top of the page.
- Click the “Download” button below and you will begin the download of a compressed file with all your barcodes in EPS format.
3) Converting EPS Files To JPG
Converting your new EPS files into JPG isn’t that hard but it will require a computer or virtual machine that runs Linux and has ImageMagick installed.
- In a new terminal window, CD to the folder where your EPS files are located.
- In the terminal window type the following commands
- mkdir jpg_folder (This will create a directory called “jpg_folder”)
- mogrify -format jpg *.eps (This will convert all EPS files to JPG)
- mv *.jpg /jpg_folder (This will move all new JPG files into the new directory)